Announcement: New Pixie to Xama integration
Today we are formally announcing the development of a brand new integration between Pixie and Xama Hub. This integration will ensure that Pixie users continue to have access to the best that the Xama platform has to offer.
Why do we need the change?
We developed the current integration between Pixie and our platform before we developed our own user interface, which we call Xama Hub. It means that the current integration is not with Xama Hub, and therefore users miss out on features that we are adding at a rapid pace to Hub. By changing the integration to be with Hub directly, users will gain access to all the features that are being built into Hub. This includes dashboarding, risk assessments, document management and much more.
What happens to my current integration?
Those using the current Pixie integration will have the option to keep using it. The integration will be classified as Legacy and we will not accept any new users to this integration. We will encourage existing users to make the switch, but it will remain optional.
Regardless of whether you make the switch, the current data and report links present in Pixie will remain available. You will not lose access to any reports or checks you have run on the platform before.
What are the main changes?
When you make the switch to the new integration, you will see a list of your clients and contacts within Xama Hub. You will also need to start using Xama Hub for most of your AML functions, such as sending out onboarding requests and running AML checks. The toggles within Pixie to run these requests and checks will be deactivated.
The main points of integration will be:
- Clients and contacts from Pixie are synced to Xama Hub.
- Data, such as the last date a risk assessment was completed on a client, is synced back to Pixie.
This means you will spend more time within the Xama environment to manage the AML process for each client.
What does the migration process entail?
The exact migration process is still being finalised, but you can expect something similar to the below:
- Once you have decided to make the switch, you will be able to initiate the new connection from within Xama.
- Your previous connection will be deactivated and you will not be able to reactivate it. It is important to be sure about the move before initiating it as it cannot be reversed.
- Once you are connected with the new integration, you will be able to import your current clients and contacts into Xama Hub with the click of a button.
- At this point, you will be able to remove all the toggle custom fields against your Pixie contacts. These will stop working after the switch has been made.
- There will be a separate process to migrate all your existing onboarding reports and AML checks into Xama. Existing checks will remain visible and accessible from Pixie. Recurring checks will also be migrated into Xama Hub as part of this process.
How do I decide whether to make the switch or not?
We will provide extensive guidance as well as demonstrations (live and recorded) of the new integration. Once you have familiarised yourself with the new integration, you will need to make a decision on whether the change of operation would be better suited. Our opinion is that using the new integration will prove beneficial in the long term given the number of features we have added and continue to add. We will be available to support any queries you might have about the migration and whether it is right for you.
When will this happen?
Our aim is to have the new integration ready within the next 2 months (September 2022). The exact timeline is hard to predict. There will be no urgency to move across when it becomes available as the existing Pixie integration will remain in operation for existing Pixie integration customers.
What should I do in the meantime?
If you are currently using our Pixie integration, we encourage you to keep using it until the time is right to make the switch.